Dr. Michael O’Shea has been a Director of Riverglen Unit at Greenwich Hospital from 1997-2014 and he is currently a Senior Staff Specialist at Greenwich Hospital, a Visiting Medical Officer at Northside Clinic, and he has a private practice at Greenwich Specialist Consulting Rooms. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists.
His special interests include:
- Mood disorders including depression and bipolar disorder, specialising in combining medication treatment with psychotherapy counselling to maximise recovery from the condition
- Anxiety Disorders including OCD, panic disorder, generalised anxiety disorder and social phobia
- Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Alcohol and Drug Dependency
- Psychiatry of the elderly
- Memory problems – assessment and management of memory disorders
- Mood disorders – depression and bipolar disorder
- Dementia – assessment and management
He is a member of the Section of Psychotherapy and a member of the Faculty of Psychiatry of Old Age.